Frequently asked questions:
- My glass (or my decanter, jug or vase) has turned white. How can I get rid of the white stains?
These white marks can be caused by limestone deposits or by alterations to the surface of the crystal. In the first case, we recommend to pour into the glass (decanter, jug, or vase) half a liter of alcohol vinegar mixed with a few handfuls of coarse salt. Shake vigorously before rinsing several times with warm water.
More often than not, using a bathroom limescale remover in a little water is enough, you just rub the trace with a soft sponge. Some limescale removers used for dentures will work as well if the traces of limestone are not too harsh. In the second case, we recommend to contact a Baccarat boutique and their after-sale repair service.
- Can I wash Baccarat crystal glasses in my dishwasher?
Yes, but we recommend setting your dish washer to a fragile tableware program washing at a maximum temperature of 104°F without detergent. Washing at too high a temperature runs the risk of producing a chemical reaction that will stain the crystal and give it a milky appearance.
- I have a crystal object and I would like to know whether it is Baccarat crystal and the date it was made. What can I do?
For any request regarding the authentication and/or estimation of a Baccarat piece, we advise you to get in touch with the expert assessors from Drouot Estimation (on 01 48 01 91 00) at the Hôtel Drouot in Paris. You will be given a quick estimation free of charge. For any request regarding certifications of insurance, we recommend you contact Mme Anne Lajoix (an expert in fire arts, www.annelajoix.artcover.com) at 21 rue du Faubourg Montmartre, 75009 Paris, phone/fax 01 42 86 90 94 or by e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be charged a fee for her assessment.
- I have a Baccarat object and I would like to know the price.
If your product is still in the catalog, our customer service on +86 21 2206 1550 or any of our boutique will be happy to send you the current price. If you do not know the name or the reference of the product, you can look on the website under the matching product category. If your product is off-catalog, we advise you to get in touch with experts from Drouot Estimation (phone +33 1 48 01 91 00) at the Hôtel Drouot in Paris.
- I have chipped a glass in my Baccarat set. Can I get it repaired?
For any repair requests for a Baccarat product, we recommend to take your damaged product to one of our Baccarat boutiques.
- I broke a glass in my set and want to replace it but I cannot find it on the website. Where do I look?
We recommend to get in touch with one of our Baccarat boutiques where our staff will do their best to meet your every need.
- I have broken some beads/drops on my chandelier/lamp. How can I order new ones?
Before calling our after-sales service, please do contact the sales outlet where the product was purchased or the Baccarat boutique closest to you, providing the completed after-sales coupon (available on request). This coupon must include as much detail as possible in order to be able to identify the broken or defective parts, specifically:
a. the date and location of purchase.
b. the sub-assembly reference (7-digit code) on the part’s assembly instructions and the name of the product containing the defective or broken part.
c. the date of manufacture of the lamp or electric fixture mentioned on the assembly instructions or product label.
Photos of the defective section or of the broken parts, plus the original invoice or the part’s certificate of warranty will be required in order to process the request.
- Who should I contact to have my chandelier restored?
For any request to restore a chandelier, we advise to contact one of our Baccarat boutique where our staff will be happy to help.
- I have been given a Baccarat object that I would like to change. How should I proceed?
We are sorry, but there is no return/exchange policy in Baccarat China.
- I would like to have a gift delivered abroad, how should I proceed?At the present time, Baccarat has five on line boutiques: in France (www.baccarat.fr), Italy (www.baccarat.it), Germany (www.baccarat.de), the UK (uk.baccarat.com) and the United States (us.baccarat.com). However, you may order products on the sites only if the address of delivery is located in the territory covered by the on line boutique.
If the delivery address does not meet the required geographic requirements, the site will automatically reject the order. For example, if you live in the United States and wish to deliver a gift to France, you can place your order on www.baccarat.fr. Your payment will be in euros, your invoicing address will be in the United States and your delivery address will necessarily be in France. If your country of delivery is not mentioned in the above-listed addresses, we invite you to contact our help service by telephone
on +86 21 2206 1550 or by e-mail to email@example.com. You can also find the closest Baccarat boutique by using the store locator on our website.
You can visit the country site of your choice by clicking on the links below:
- France : www.baccarat.fr
- Italy : www.baccarat.it
- Germany : www.baccarat.de
- United Kingdom : uk.baccarat.com
Ask your question using our contact form.
- I would like to have a gift delivered abroad, how should I proceed?